Hoping to join

CaddySlash
Boilover Master

Hoping to join

Post by CaddySlash » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:10 pm

Hey all,

I'm a fairly inexperienced homebrewer (done a few small 1 gallon all grain and extract kits) with varying results. I love beer and homebrewing but not knowing anyone that homebrews has made the hobby a bit harder in trying to figure what I can do differently, and justifying moving up to bigger batch sizes and buying more equipment.

I was hoping to join up to make some friends in the hobby and learn more from people in the area, I just wasn't sure how open you all were to someone joining at my talent level.

Just wanting to check before I just join and show up at your next meeting.

Cheers!

ThreeBeers
Brewmaster

Re: Hoping to join

Post by ThreeBeers » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:08 am

Please show up! We have folks that have never brewed but love the variety of craft and home brew. And we have folks who have brewed for a few decades. Our group is very open to sharing ideas and tips. Our next meeting is July 26 at Germania Mannerchor at 7pm. Give it a shot, I think you'll enjoy! If you have any ready, bring a sample or two to share and we can provide feedback if you want.
Cesar Gonzalez

Dutch
Brewmaster

Post by Dutch » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:33 am

Come on out to our next meeting. You need not be a member. Lots of folks to talk to and don't forget this forum as a place to air your questions as well.
Lots of beers to sample as well.
Dutch deHaan • OVHA Board Member

Twenty-four hours in a day, twenty-four beers in a case - COINCIDENCE?

SkyBrew
Brewmaster

Post by SkyBrew » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:00 am

hope you can make it to the next meeting!
Sky B.

CaddySlash
Boilover Master

Post by CaddySlash » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:57 am

Ah! Relief! Haha

Unfortunately, my cat attacked my airlock on the pale ale I was fermenting, and my efforts ended up all over the towel I had laid under my carboy. But, hopefully next time I'll have something ready to bring along.

See you all on the 26th!

wuertzBräu
Brewmaster

Post by wuertzBräu » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:34 pm

Great! Also feel free to share your notes from past batches (grain bill, hop schedule, fermentation temperatures, etc) to the forum to get feedback on a particular recipe.

This got me thinking that it could be valuable to have a separate recipe critique thread on here to generate some discussion. I know a few people have been posting their recipes to the "What's in your fermenter?" thread, which I think is a great resource.
Josh Wuertz • 2018 OVHA President

Brewer • Haynie's Corner Brewing Co. • 2020-2022