Learn to Homebrew Day!- Nov. 5th

Jam095
Brewmaster

Learn to Homebrew Day!- Nov. 5th

Post by Jam095 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:40 pm

It's that glorious time of year again when the leaves are falling, football is back, camp fires burning, and of course, primetime brewing weather!! Please join us Nov. 5th for Learn to Homebrew Day (LTHD) in Tieman's Chiropractic parking lot, smack dab in the middle of Boonville.

This is the same venue as last year, and I think everyone would agree it was great time! Dennis' son, Isaac Tiemen, put on an amazing fiddle show for us last year, and I'll bet he'll do it again this year. (He actually just won Grand Champion at the Indiana State Fair Pickers and Fiddlers).

I will once again be grilling burgers for lunch. Bring some tasty brews for sampling and sharing with our guests! I will bring a couple nice bottles again to sweeten the pot, but you must attend to find out what... 8)

Once again restrooms will be available to us. I will provide the charcoal filter and a grain mill, otherwise bring your usual brewery. The event kicks off at 9 am, but I will be there at 8 am to get set up. However, your participation at any level will be welcomed all day. Address is 202 S. 4th St., Boonville.

Feel free to call or text me anytime with questions or suggestions. (812) 217-2552.

Thanks,
John
John Mullins

Don’t judge a beer by it’s label

wuertzBräu
Brewmaster

Re: Learn to Homebrew Day!- Nov. 5th

Post by wuertzBräu » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:30 am

I'll have to see if I can make it out for a brew session! It appears likely at this point.
Josh Wuertz • 2018 OVHA President

Brewer • Haynie's Corner Brewing Co. • 2020-2022

ThreeBeers
Brewmaster

Post by ThreeBeers » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:23 pm

I got a call from Jon Fifer at Mt. Vernon Coop. I will have a table with brewing equipment and beer samples from 9:30-11:30. Nate will help too. It's in conjunction with their annual sale and customer appreciation day with free food. Also Dusty Barn Distillery will have a booth. So should be a good event!
Cesar Gonzalez

sstrait
Brewmaster

Post by sstrait » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:43 am

I have a kit that needs to be brewed so if I'm free I'd like to join in.
Steve Strait • OVHA Board Member

Jam095
Brewmaster

Post by Jam095 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:05 am

A couple of things I forgot to mention at the meeting-

Our event is registered with the AHA, and I have a stack of new Zymurgy magazines for handouts.

If you know anyone who might be interested, I am offering to provide ALL equipment needed to brew an extract batch. Someone would just need to bring the kit. Let me know, so I can have the extra gear ready. I would also assist with bottling if needed as well.
John Mullins

Jam095
Brewmaster

Post by Jam095 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:14 am

Attention fellow BIABers: don't be afraid to brew a big beer this Saturday, as I will be debuting my new portable "Hilbilly Hoist"! Will make huge sacks effortless to drain! :D I'll be brewing an American Barleywine to put on my Blonde Ale yeast cake of WLP001! Around a 20 lb. grain bill.
John Mullins

john mills
Brewmaster

Post by john mills » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:30 am

Jam095 wrote:Attention fellow BIABers: I will be debuting my new portable "Hilbilly Hoist"! Will make huge sacks effortless to drain.
Gotta love a guy advertising to drain huge sacks!
You gonna buy one, or be one?
.....I'm gonna be one!

Jam095
Brewmaster

Post by Jam095 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:09 am

On the scene for LTHD! Had a great crowd, and a great time!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Mullins

ThreeBeers
Brewmaster

Post by ThreeBeers » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:59 pm

Here's the Posey County crew! And yes that's a still next to us. And no it's not ours. Dusty Barn was there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cesar Gonzalez