Roller Grain Mill Homebrew

smaywork
Hophead

Roller Grain Mill Homebrew

Post by smaywork » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:57 am

Follow the thread for info about another partially built grain mill, bigger than this one. Here is a homebuilt Roller Grain Mill w/ 1/6 hp motor. Shown is grain crushed by this mill. It still needs a little work to make it fit on a bucket more stable, but I’m selling for less than the cost of the components. I ended up not using it. Bronze knurled rollers (2-1/2” x 2-1/2”) w/ steel gears guarantee no slipping. Like $75 firm. Call 812-two zero 2-256 one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by smaywork on Tue May 21, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SmayWork, Smay Not!

Savage
Maltster

Re: Roller Grain Mill Homebrew

Post by Savage » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:02 pm

If you coming to the meeting tonight, bring it. I will buy it. If not give me a call: 4 five 9 - five 2 one 8

Darren Savage
Darren Savage
Up next: Barleywine
Lagering: EDS Performance Enhancing Lager
On Tap: Vanguard Wheat, Breakfast Stout, Amber Ale, Pale Ale
Also Aging: Pretty Ducks English Ale

smaywork
Hophead

Re: Roller Grain Mill Homebrew

Post by smaywork » Tue May 21, 2013 3:01 pm

I've got another partially built grain mill. This one is bigger than the original post and also has SS rollers and better gear engagement. It consists of the rollers, bronze bushings, adjustment bolts as shown, no motor or base. I'd like to get $50 out of this one. The gears have slight surface rust from sitting. Add a motor (probably about 1/3 to 1/2 HP pulley and belt and your off to a heck of a crusher. 812-202-2561
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SmayWork, Smay Not!