Beer Geek Challenge 2006: IPA

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Beer Geek Challenge 2006: IPA

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:41 pm

Here is a link to a contest sponsored by Great Fermetations of Indiana and World Class Beverages. American India Pale Ale only.

http://www.worldclassbeverages.com/Page ... ek2006.htm
Last edited by Dwayne_Delaney on Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dwayne Delaney

"Beer is not a good cocktail-party drink, especially in a home where you don't know where the bathroom is"
Billy Carter

Chris Alvey
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Alvey » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:09 am

Ahh, American IPA, what great timing! I'm starting with a base American IPA and plan to do incremental changes on the recipe in subsequent versions.

I have IPA 1.0 in the secondary, got ingredients for IPA 1.1 coming at the meeting. I could be up to version 1.4 or 1.5 by the time July 17th rolls around!

Here's the recipe for my starting-point beer if you're curious or would like to add some ideas for some changes :::IPA 1.0

IPA 1.1 will have the same grain base plus .5# Cara Pils, and substitutes some Amarillo hops for some of the Cascade... I will also not use as much Magnum (yikes).

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Norrick » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:36 am

I've added this and some other events to the main OVHA Calendar in the first Announcement Post up top.
Chris Norrick
Up Next: OVHA Barrel Brew
Fermenting:
On Tap: