Hey guys, can I play?

Kenny Lucas
Brewmaster

Hey guys, can I play?

Post by Kenny Lucas » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:25 pm

Haven't been too close to my puter for a while, although I did spend some time in Hennerson last night drinking homebrew and playing with fireworks.(I'm sure Dwayne understands).
Brewed a Northern English Brown Ale last weekend on Brewtus. Kinda' different to brew something other than a pale ale. I actually have some heat in my barn slash brewery now so it makes for some comfort between hop additions, and the dog just loves to lap up the leftovers in the bottom of the brewkettle.

Justin Rumbach
Brewmaster

Post by Justin Rumbach » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:01 pm

Howdy Kenny! Is Brewtus your dog or some kinda brewing contraption?
For everyone I haven't met, I used to live in Evansville and was a member of OVHA. After moving home to Jasper, and missing having good friends to brew with, I decided to try to start my own club. I am happy to say that I have been the president of the Dubois County Suds Club since 2006 (although I still miss my OVHA buddies)!

Kenny Lucas
Brewmaster

Brewtus...

Post by Kenny Lucas » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:13 pm

Brewtus is the name of my brewing sculpture that took about 19 gozillion months to build. Hope to have a photo up soon . The Dog's name by the way is Jasmine, and she recently stole and buried a bottle of Goose Island Nut Brown when I wasn't looking.

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:43 pm

Glad to hear that Brewtus is back in action. Can't wait to taste the results. I picked up some Centennials a while back; how about posting the recipe for the Centennial IPA that you had at the Brew-ha-ha?? TIA.
Dwayne Delaney

"Beer is not a good cocktail-party drink, especially in a home where you don't know where the bathroom is"
Billy Carter

Kenny Lucas
Brewmaster

Hundred year old hops rule

Post by Kenny Lucas » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:15 pm

As soon as I find the recipie, I'll get it out. It is being held in the hidden back area of an old hutch in the basement of Colonel Sanders vacation home.
Last edited by Kenny Lucas on Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kenny Lucas
Brewmaster

Kendog's Centennial IPA from the HAHA

Post by Kenny Lucas » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:29 pm

Here it goes, if you notice it is very similar to a well known Michigan branded clone in the Sept '04 BYO.

Kendog's Centennial IPA

10# 2 row pale
2# Vienna
8oz. CaraPils
4oz. Crystal 55L

.5oz Centennial Pellets 60 min.
.5oz Centennial Pellets 45 min.
.5oz Centennial Pellets 30 min.
.5oz Centennial Pellets 15 min.
.5oz Centennial Pellets 0 min.

1 oz.Centennial leaf dry hop in secondary
Wyeast 1272 600ml starter 48 hours prior.

Boil time 75 min.