Beersmith

Jam095
Brewmaster

Beersmith

Post by Jam095 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:15 pm

I am interested in transitioning to Beersmith, because the software I've always used is localized to an individual device rather than a sign in type of software (for lack of better words), which means each time I upgrade devices I have to print each recipe and re-enter them. I prefer to use my brewing software on my iPad so I can design recipes on the couch and take it out to the garage with me. My questions are:

Can you sign in to your Beersmith from any device/server?

Will I need to purchase a copy for my PC and for my iPad? Or is it all covered under one purchase?

What is the latest or best version?
John Mullins

Don’t judge a beer by it’s label

SkyBrew
Brewmaster

Re: Beersmith

Post by SkyBrew » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:32 am

The software can be loaded onto up to 2 computer I believe (desktop and laptop)

you still have to purchase the app if you want to use it on mobile ($7.99)

you can store 15 recipes in the cloud with beersmith basic, 125 recipes with beersmith gold (9.99/yr), 300 recipes with platinum ($19.99/yr), 750 recipes with Professional ($69.99/2 yr)

http://beersmith.com/faq/

the restrictions suck, but I still prefer it to brewtoad or any of the other programs out there
Sky B.

wuertzBräu
Brewmaster

Post by wuertzBräu » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:42 am

Good deal on Beersmith 2 for anyone interested.

http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/beersmith ... le-version

I personally haven't used Beersmith before; although I'm tempted.

I used Brewtarget for my first all grain recipe and I hit the numbers it said I should get. For comparison, it is a free open-source program.

http://www.brewtarget.org
Josh Wuertz • 2018 OVHA President

Brewer • Haynie's Corner Brewing Co. • 2020-2022

SkyBrew
Brewmaster

Post by SkyBrew » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:26 am

BeerSmith 2.3 Update Released and Available for Download!
I'm pleased to announce that the BeerSmith 2.3 desktop update has been released for download. You can download the new version here.http://beersmith.com/download-beersmith/

This update is free for all existing V2.x license holders, and the trial version is available for those just starting with BeerSmith. Versions are available for Mac, PC, and Linux (beta). I am working on updates to add the new brewing features to the mobile versions later this fall.

Major BeerSmith 2.3 Feature Highlights

A new "Session" tab that consolidates brewing session data in one place and makes it easy to compare planned vs actual readings.
Mash pH estimation and acid adjustments built into the recipe editor along with improved water analysis.
Simplified recipe editing that makes it easier to create and adjust recipes including things like copy/paste/undo, the ability to add/delete multiple items at once, proper keyboard shortcuts and focus handling, and more.
Support for wide screen monitors including many resizable dialogs.
Proper late sugar additions for all grain, as well as a separate mash gravity and mash efficiency estimation.
Support for CO2 as well as isomerized hop extract additions.
The ability to lock/unlock recipes for editing.
An improved brewing engine that can integrate hop additions as gravity changes in the boil as well as carry over unused hops into the whirlpool for long whirlpool or "no chill" brewing.
A large number of bug fixes, usability enhancements, and recipe editing features to make the program easier to use.

This release incorporates many hundreds of updates, fixes and enhancements to make your brewing day easier, and I would like to thank the many dozens of testers who contributed to this release over the last few months as well as thousands of people who provided suggestions, data and ideas for the update.

I will be posting a series of articles and short videos on the BeerSmith blog in the coming weeks so please check back for tips on using new features in BeerSmith 2.3!

Thank you again for your continued support!

Brad Smith
BeerSmith.com
Sky B.

Don
Brewmaster

Post by Don » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:39 pm

I like the new session tab,,
Don Heisler

-------------------------
Brewers make wort, yeast make beer, God is good.