Help Wesselman Woods Nature Preserve

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Help Wesselman Woods Nature Preserve

Post by Chris Norrick » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:46 am

As you may have read, the Evansville City Council is recommending a 45% budget cut to the support that Wesselman Nature Society receives from the city. We are asking you to send an e-mail to EVERY city councilperson (contact info is attached) to express your unhappiness with that cut. Feel free to use the letter below as a template. Cutting, pasting, personalizing and emailing all the council members will take less than 5 minutes. If you do send an e-mail, please copy me on it at jfoster@wesselmannaturesociety.org

City Council Contact info - http://www.evansville.in.gov/index.aspx?page=160

Or: danmcginn@wowway.com, call453misy@yahoo.com, brinkerhoffrileypc@yahoo.com, connie@hmrdistribution.com, jfriend@johnfriendandco.com, aklindsey23@att.net, codaniel@fohlaw.com, drhda501@aol.com, jonathanweavercouncilor@gmail.com

Thank you,
The board, staff and members of Wesselman Nature Society.

Dear

I am writing to let you know that I do not support the proposed budget cut to lower the support that Wesselman Nature Society receives from the City of Evansville by nearly 45%. Wesselman Nature Center and Preserve significantly adds to the quality of life here in Evansville. The programs, classes and experiences offered by Wesselman Nature Society promote a healthy environment, contribute to our children’s academic success and to the economic promotion and vitality of our region. We all benefit greatly from Wesselman Nature Society’s management of the Nature Center and Preserve as well as Howell Wetlands. I encourage you to maintain the proposed level of funding and not putting their valuable programs and work in Evansville at risk.

Sincerely,
Chris Norrick
Up Next: OVHA Barrel Brew
Fermenting:
On Tap: