Evansville Museum's Brew Ha Ha 2014 sign-up

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:35 pm

From the Evansville Museum's Contemporaries Web page:
The Evansville Museum Contemporaries are proud to present their annual event BREW HA HA for the 17th consecutive year. This year, Brew Ha Ha will be held on September 27 from 6 - 10 p.m. Brew Ha Ha is an excellent opportunity to try a wide variety of micro, specialty, homemade, and imported beers, as well as hors d'oeuvres. Live entertainment will also be featured.

Everyone 21 years of age and older is invited to attend. Reservations are $20 for EMC members, $25 for not-yet EMC members in advance and $30 at the door.

http://www.emuseum.org/contemporaries

ATTENTION ALL OVHA BREWERS! We are looking for beer donations and volunteers for this year's Brew Ha Ha at the Evansville Museum September 27th. Since this is an indoor event, we will be serving out of our jockey boxes only and will require 6 servers with license. (2 shifts of 3) The museum has asked if we can provide an additional 6 servers with license to pour at other tables. Anyone donating beer will be given guaranteed entry. We will meet at Turoni's at 4:00PM to load up will be entering via the museum's new front entrance.

Please reply with beer(keg or bottles), license status and if you will be available for set up and/or tear down.
If you have any questions, just send me an IM.

With your help and generosity, we'll be able to again give our support to a very worthwhile local institution.

Brew Ha Ha Volunteer List
1. Nathan and Jenny Farrell - Coffee Stout (pin-lock keg), Servers license, available for set up and tear down
2. Dutch - non-barrel-aged OVHA Imperial Stout (keg), Severs license, not available for set up or tear down
3. Michael Julian - Saison (keg), Severs license, Available for set up only
4. Dwayne DeLaney - OVHA barrel-aged stout, Peppercorn Wit, Kentucky Common (keg), Servers license, set up and tear down
5. Brandon and Rachel Lancaster - Apricot Wheat (keg), Servers license, set up and tear down
6. Kenny and Jamie Purcell - Pumpkin ale, Scottish 80 (keg), Servers license, set up
7. John and Dee Dee Dipple - Cocoa Puff Porter (keg), Servers license, set up
8. Sky and Abby Buttrum - 2 Beers (keg), Servers license
9. Peter - Kolsch, no license
Dwayne Delaney

"Beer is not a good cocktail-party drink, especially in a home where you don't know where the bathroom is"
Billy Carter

Blancaster
Brewmaster

Post by Blancaster » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:50 pm

Brandon and Rachel Lancaster. - both have servers license - available for anything that we are needed for - donating apricot wheat. (Keg)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brandon Lancaster • OVHA Board Member

KennyPurcell
Brewmaster

Re: Evansville Museum's Brew Ha Ha 2014 sign-up

Post by KennyPurcell » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:15 pm

Kenny and Jamie Purcell - Pumpkin Ale and Scottish 80 - should have our replacement servers licenses by then - available for set up
Kenny Purcell • Former OVHA President (2016)

Up Next:
Fermenting/Aging: Citra/Amarillo DIPA
On Tap: Cider, Dry Stout, 2016 OVHA Barrel Aged RIS & OMDG
Bottled: Squatch Crotch American Imperial Stout 2014, 2014 OVHA FES, Ass Crack of Don Bourbon Stout (Don't drink and name your beers), Giraffe Head Coffee Stout, & 2013 OVHA Barrel Aged Old Ale, St. Cyril's Strong Ale

JohnD
Brewmaster

Post by JohnD » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:50 pm

Dee Dee and I can serve, set up, and bring a keg of Cocoa Puff Porter
John Dippel

Barley, water, yeast & hops. The things dreams are made of!!

SkyBrew
Brewmaster

Post by SkyBrew » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:31 pm

Abby and I can serve for our booth or for other booths no problem. I will bring at least 2 kegs
Sky B.

Chris Norrick
Brewmaster

Post by Chris Norrick » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:25 am

Looks like you have a full roster of servers and quite a bit a beer. I might have a half keg or two if needed.
Chris Norrick
Up Next: OVHA Barrel Brew
Fermenting:
On Tap:

Don
Brewmaster

Post by Don » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:19 pm

Thats my sons birthday so I'm not sure if I can make it, I have a keg of "Hairy Porter" if you need more beers.
Don Heisler

-------------------------
Brewers make wort, yeast make beer, God is good.

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:50 pm

I am counting 12 beers and 12 servers committed so far. That should be enough I believe. The Wandering Owl event will be coming up in October and beer will be needed there.
Dwayne Delaney

"Beer is not a good cocktail-party drink, especially in a home where you don't know where the bathroom is"
Billy Carter

psfred
Brewmaster

Post by psfred » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:37 pm

I have a kolsch that will get kegged tomorrow. No server's license yet, though.

Peter

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:09 pm

We should be able to squeeze one more Peter; may have to use a QD or two.
Dwayne Delaney

Billy Carter

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:12 am

A big Thank You to everyone that participated and donated. It was a good time for a good cause and as usual we served some fine beers. All went pretty well except for some excessive foaming on some of the taps, but that happens some times. We also could have used a few more servers to take care of the museum, but everyone stepped up and kept the beer flowing.
:beer9
Dwayne Delaney

Billy Carter