Brewing Ingreients

BarleyPop
Boilover Master

Brewing Ingreients

Post by BarleyPop » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:21 pm

Hello All,
I am only aware of two places near Evansville to buy brewing ingredients, Weber Supplies and Superior AG.
Is anyone aware of anywhere else that sells ingredients in Evansville ?
Also, I was wondering if most of you bought online or from local stores. If On-line, What site do you but it from.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
BarleyPop

SkyBrew
Brewmaster

Re: Brewing Ingreients

Post by SkyBrew » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:12 pm

I've heard there is another place in Mt. Vernon that sells homebrew stuff but I've never been there. The local breweries like Turonis, Carsons, and Tin Man have been known to sell grain in bulk to the homebrewers. I order supplies mostly from Northernbrewer.com, Midwestsupplies.com, Morebeer.com, Williamsbrewing.com, homebrewing.org, and rebelbrewer.com ... some of the sites have free shipping on orders over $59.00
Sky B.

BREWsmith
Brewmaster

Post by BREWsmith » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:18 am

The co-op in Mt. Vernon sells some products though I've never been. Label Peelers (www.labelpeelers.com) is a good site for hops and they have quick delivery.
Jeff Smith

BM1
Brewmaster

Post by BM1 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:22 am

BarleyPop Wrote:
I am only aware of two places near Evansville to buy brewing ingredients, Weber Supplies and Superior AG.
Is anyone aware of anywhere else that sells ingredients in Evansville ?
IMHO...Superior AG is the best place to go.They don't have everything,as is true with all stores,but they can order any thing you want and the freight will probably be fractional.Furthermore,they are eager to help with any questions you may have about any product,ingredient,etc. They are very good,friendly,helpful people.I have not had one,even slightly,disapointing experience in that store.

Also,if it is still true,you can e-mail them and order things.I haven't done that in a long while.
You gonna stop whinin' 'bout that beer,or you gonna send it to me?
Friends don't let friends brew drunk!
Signed:Steve Sluder.

BarleyPop
Boilover Master

Post by BarleyPop » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:36 pm

I have also had nothing but great service at that Store, and the prices are better than the competitors, and the prices are on the products. SO you can tell how much you are spending. The ONLY problem I have found is that they are only open until noon on Saturday. So if I cant make it there in that Window, I have to wait another week to get supplies (Or longer). That is the only reason I was looking for another place that might be open on the weekends (all day).
It sounds like the only other option is to order online and wait to receive the goods. Oddly enough, the prices look about the same to order online as they are locally, even 50 lb bags of grain.

loyd_enochs
Maltster

Post by loyd_enochs » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:23 pm

My experience with Northern Brewer is 2nd day delivery on standard shipping. Of course, I wasn't ordering 50# bags of grain :)
Beer: the reason to get up first thing in the afternoon

Primary: mty
Secondary: mty
Conditioning: mty
In-stock: Black IPA - Fixed Gear Red
What's Next: Dead Ringer IPA