Alcohol-induced BS

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Alcohol-induced BS

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:39 pm

Just got back to my room here in Grand Rapids. I visited the Founder's Brewery taproom, less than a mile from my hotel. :beer2 They had 14 of their beers on tap, with 5 not available anywhere but the brewery. University Liquor has several of their beers. I had the Devil Dancer Tripple Iperial IPA(13%), a quad Belgian called Bad Habits(10%), and something they call Brassworks Pale Ale(6%). Luckily they offer their high gravity beers in 8oz. sniffers or they would have had to search my body for a medical alert medallion for information on next of kin. :oops:

Devil Dancer
Founders most complex, most innovative, most feared and yet most revered ale produced. Massive in complexity the huge malt character balances the insane amount of alpha
Dwayne Delaney

"Beer is not a good cocktail-party drink, especially in a home where you don't know where the bathroom is"
Billy Carter

Justin Rumbach
Brewmaster

Post by Justin Rumbach » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:55 pm

Michigan has an uncanny amount of great breweries. Definitely lead the midwest in good beer IMO.

I have tried Devil Dancer before - loved the aroma, but the body was soooo syrupy and cloying. Maybe it is better on tap? I have a few bottles left over I just threw in the cellar as sort of a experiment.

Pick up some of their Imperial Stout if you get the chance. I beleive University Liquor on the west side carries it. Fantastic stuff!
For everyone I haven't met, I used to live in Evansville and was a member of OVHA. After moving home to Jasper, and missing having good friends to brew with, I decided to try to start my own club. I am happy to say that I have been the president of the Dubois County Suds Club since 2006 (although I still miss my OVHA buddies)!

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:28 pm

I agree with your opinion of Devil Dancer :evil: ; the sweetness dominates to the point of unbalancing the beer. I think it is more of a novelty with a BIG buzz attatched. They had the Imperial Stout on tap but I didn't get a chance to try it. So many beers, so little time. I'll try it when I return in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the tip.
Dwayne Delaney

"Beer is not a good cocktail-party drink, especially in a home where you don't know where the bathroom is"
Billy Carter